If you are looking for real estate in Tyler, Texas, then you will want to know more about the Community. Let us show you around town. We’ve gathered information on everything from the best places to eat to fun things you can do this weekend – you’ll find it all right here.
Learn More about Tyler and Smith County
Find everything you need to know about our great city on the Tyler, Texas web site. Find links to web sites for the City of Tyler, the Tyler Area Chamber of Commerce, The Tyler Convention and Visitors Bureau and Smith County. You can also click here for additional resources. TotalTyler has some good information, as well.
The Heart Of Tyler
In 1987, a group of citizens concerned about the decline of downtown Tyler formed a non-profit corporation called Heart of Tyler, Inc.
Tyler area Information Technologists and Chief Information Officers have recently created GetIT, an organization for technology leaders in the region. Venu Rao, President of the new group, says that "IT professionals love to learn." With getIT, he says, Tyler area computer leaders can learn from one another.
If you are new to Smith County, you may like to look around and see the many helpful features our Elected Officials and Departments have provided online for you.
"Tyler 21 is our city’s comprehensive plan for the future. With over 101,000 residents, Tyler is growing rapidly. What kind of place do we want Tyler to be in the future? What steps do we need to take to get us there? Everyone in Tyler can contribute to shaping our city’s future. Please visit Tyler21.com to find out more about the planning process," says Tyler City Manager Bob Turner.
Arts East Texas - The Cultural Connection!
Your link to the arts, educational offerings, attractions, cities and everything that combines to make East Texas a special place to live, visit and prosper.
Do Something Fun
· Find out about Tyler area golf courses
· Visit the Caldwell Zoo in Tyler
· Take the kids to Discovery Science Place in downtown Tyler
· Spend a weekend at Tyler State Park
· Enjoy the Texas Rose Festival
· Visit the exotic cats of the Tiger Creek Wildlife Refuge
· Take a tasting tour of Kiepersol Winery
· Drive through the Christmas theme park at SantaLand
· Experience the thrills of Fire Mountain Amusements
Check Out the Arts and Entertainment Scene
· See a performance at the Cowan Center
· Take in some community theater at the Tyler Civic Theater
· Treat your ears to the East Texas Symphony Orchestra
· Experience the fine art of dance through Ballet Tyler
· The Oil Palace Convention Center & Concert Hall hosts many events
· Discover Texas artists and events at The Glass Tire website
Find a Fantastic Meal at These Popular Dining Establishments
· Jake's – Southern Home Cooking (903) 526-0225
· Villa Montez – Latin kitchen in a gorgeous mansion on a hill (903) 592-9696
· Kiepersol Estates – from steaks to seafood (903) 894-3300
· Bernard's Mediterranean Restaurant (903) 534-0265
· Currents French Restaurant (903) 597-3771
Local Educational Opportunities
Tyler Junior College
University of Texas at Tyler